.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:

I am another Iranian striving for Human Rights and Democracy. read and sign the petition Please support the IRANIAN WOMENS' ONE MILLION SIGNATURES CAMPAIGNto change the discriminatory laws against women in Iran.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Protests in Tehran Universities

This news is a little late, but according to Rooz online there were demonstrations last week on Iran's "students day". My understanding is that students were demanding more civil liberties for society. The article seemed interesting to me where some of the security officers were sympethetic to the demonstrators and this change of heart could help improvements in human rights in Iran.

Also, It used to be where only summer time there would be demonstrations. Then it was spring and summer. But now it seems that any opportunity that arises, some group somewhere in Iran is demonstrating. If I understand correctly, there are a set of elections for the "electible?" gurdian council members this friday, December 15th. I am not sure if people are chosing to boycott or participate.


read article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

مطلب را به بالاترین بفرستید: Balatarin