.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:

I am another Iranian striving for Human Rights and Democracy. read and sign the petition Please support the IRANIAN WOMENS' ONE MILLION SIGNATURES CAMPAIGNto change the discriminatory laws against women in Iran.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Prominent Philospher Ramin Jahanbegloo Arrested


The Islamic Republic of Iran has arrested prominent philosopher Ramani Jahanbegloo.
He has dual Iranian and Canadadian citizenship and has been accused of spying. In my opinion, the Islamic Republic of Iran would charge Mother Teresa and the Pope of spying if they could get the slightest benefit for it. This could happen to any Iranian that sets foot outside of Iran.

The following quote of anti-Nazi pastor Martin Niemoller comes to mind:

"First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me."


read Reuters article on this topic

read about the Canadian government's response

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

مطلب را به بالاترین بفرستید: Balatarin