.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:

I am another Iranian striving for Human Rights and Democracy. read and sign the petition Please support the IRANIAN WOMENS' ONE MILLION SIGNATURES CAMPAIGNto change the discriminatory laws against women in Iran.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Flier from demonstrator participating at UN rally 07/15/2006

The following is the flier that was circulated at the Hunger Strike event in Front of the United Nations in New York, July 15, 2006. I retyped the flier, so therefore the pictures mentioned are not available:

I am Banoo Saberi a 45 year old Iranian woman living in the USA and I have come to take part in a 3 day long hunger strike in front of the United Nations, New York for the release of political prisons in Iran. This hunger strike which will begin on the 14th of July 2006 was suggested by the well-known Iranian journalist Akbar Ganji.

My husband Abbass Ali Monshi Roodsari (the father of my two children) and I were arrested on the 9th of Mordad 1986. My children were with me in jail. After 3 months, my daughter who was 2 and a half years old, and my son who was about 7 months old, were given to my parents. I was released from prison after several months.

My husband was sentenced to 6 years in prison. After 2 years, in 1989, my husband was executed in the prison. It happened during the national tragedy of mass execution of prisoners. My husband was buried in an area called Khavaran with thousands of other victims of the mass execution.

Photo number one shows my son sitting in Khavaran when he was 4 years old. The other photo is of Abbass. My sister’s husband was also executed. When my sister was arrested with her 2 year old daughter, she was 8 months pregnant, and she gave birth to her 2nd daughter 13 days after being arrested. Later, my sister and her children were released. Her husband was imprisoned in Tabriz prison because he was from Sarab (a city close to Tabriz). During the mass execution of prisoners in 1989, my sister’s husband was among those who were executed in Tabriz.

We were told that he was buried in Vadi Rahmat cemetery of Tabriz. My husband’s sister’s husband was also executed. We lost 14 of my closest friends during this tragedy. The total number of victims of this mass execution exceeded several thousand.

18 years on, there has still been no independent investigation of the national tragedy. The government officials have not disclosed the exact reason for the execution of each victim. The exact number of executions is not known. The exact location of the graves of each victim is not clear, raising the suspicion that the victims were buried in mass graves.

I join this campaign for the release of political prisoners in Iran, hoping to prevent a repeat of the 1989 mass executions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

مطلب را به بالاترین بفرستید: Balatarin