.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:

I am another Iranian striving for Human Rights and Democracy. read and sign the petition Please support the IRANIAN WOMENS' ONE MILLION SIGNATURES CAMPAIGNto change the discriminatory laws against women in Iran.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Zeynab Peyghambarzadeh was freed on $20,000 bail

Zeynab Peyghambarzadeh's father was interviewed on the telephone. He stressed that she is a sociology major, and that if a sociology student is not working to improve the shortcomings of society, than who would be?

"Zeynab might have a strong spirit in prison, but her siblings are even more prisoners than she, because they are so worried about her." Her father continued: "I think Zeynab and her co-workers are in the right and I am not against her women's rights work. This generation is smarter than our generation. Zeynab knew that being summoned to prison by telephone was illegal. That is why she didn't present herself to the court. The day after she got a written summons to the court, she showed up at the courthouse, and they arrested her. She didn't tell me because she didn't want to worry me. I told the authorities that I did not have the bail money. I am rent an apartment and have no bail money. Besides, my daughter did not commit any crimes. If the government of Ahmadinejad is willing to give me the share of oil money that he had promised the people, I would accept. All I know is that we live in Iran and we should not be treated this way.

The judge told me why don't you stop your daughter's activities? I told him:" If a sociology major with highest honors is not thinking about the problems of our society, than how would be?"

Zeynab's father complained about the treatment of the University administration with the students:" The "Herasat" (university security) called us and told us that Zeynab tore photos of the war martyrs. I told them they tore up the martyr photos themselves, we are a religious family and Zeynab would never do such a thing. In the old days the Universities would support the students. But today, the Herasat is cooperating with the government's security police and stand against the University students."

He stressed:" My daughter did not commit any crimes and the only reason why she was arrested was because she didn't show up to court with the illegal telephone summons. My daughter's problem is that she knows the law so well, that she knew the phone summons was illegal. As a human being, I respect my daughter's beliefs"

http://news.gooya.com/politics/archives/2007/05/059634.php

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

مطلب را به بالاترین بفرستید: Balatarin